Website Content Guidelines
Crimson Design reserves the right to remove any page from the system which is brought to our attention and which we find, in our sole discretion, violates these page content guidelines, or otherwise is in violation of the law. Crimson Design does not actively monitor the content of Account Holder web sites, but will investigate complaints of violation of these guidelines. Please submit any such complaints by e-mail to email@example.com.
Crimson Design has carefully developed the following page content guidelines to promote the free flowing exchange of ideas about your interests, activities and hobbies, and at the same time maintain standards consistent with the Internet community and the societies of the world at large. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office.
Crimson Design does not discriminate based on sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion or socio-economic status.
It is required that you identify the owner of the web page, or provide a method of contact on the web site. Posting material and attempting to remain anonymous or hidden from the internet community is unacceptable.
You must refrain from using your web page for the following activities:
Account holders who are in violation of these policies may be deleted and their pages, or portions of their pages, removed without warning.
- Displaying material containing nudity or pornographic material of any kind;
- Providing material that is offensive to the online community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred, or profanity;
- Providing material that contains highly controversial views and opinions;
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, or promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- Defaming any person or group;
- Promoting or soliciting for participation in multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes;
- Conducting raffles or contests that require any type of entry fee;
- Displaying material that exploits children under 18 years of age;
- Using your page (or directory) as storage for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another homepage, whether inside or beyond Crimson Design;
- Using your page for acts of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property infringement, including but not limited to offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs, or any type of cracker utilities (this also includes files which are solely intended for game emulation);
- Violating Internet standards for the purpose of promoting your website;
- Developing pages that consist of hyperlinks to content not allowed on Crimson Design;
- Displaying content for someone else other than yourself or allowing your webpage to be used by someone other than yourself.
Account holders are solely responsible for everything contained in their website. Crimson Design does not verify, endorse or otherwise vouch for the contents of any website. Account holders can be held legally liable for the contents of their website, and may be held legally accountable if their website includes, for example, defamatory comments or material protected by copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret law without the permission of the author or owner.
The Account holder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Crimson Design for any loss, liability, claim, damage, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees).
In the event that Crimson Design receives a complaint that the contents of a website infringe intellectual property rights or otherwise is unlawful, Crimson Design shall request written substantiation of the complaint from the complaining party, for example, substantiation of proof of ownership in the form of a trademark, service mark, patent or copyright registration and will take such steps that it believes to be appropriate under the circumstances, including, for example:
Crimson Design also reserves the right, instead of following the above stated procedures, to delete all files and remove the website without any warning should Crimson Design deem it necessary.
- Suspend the site, or a portion of the site, immediately until the dispute is resolved;
- Provide the Account holder with contact information for the complaining party;
- Instruct the Account holder to contact the complaining party to resolve the dispute;
- Inform the complaining party of our actions and ask that party to work directly with the Account holder; Note: All correspondence between the parties must also be sent to Crimson Design (address will be provided);
- Take the following action based on the progress of the dispute:
- If the Account holder has not pursued resolution within 14 days of notification, the site, or portions of the site, will be deleted;
- If complaining party has not pursued resolution within 14 days of Account holder's response, the site, or portions of the site, will be re-activated;
- If legal action is pending or the dispute is not settled, the site, or portions of the site, may remain suspended until resolution is reached and Crimson Design is notified by both parties as to the outcome;
- If a resolution is reached between the parties, the site, or portions of the site, will be reactivated with any mutually agreed upon modifications;
- If a copyright, trademark, patent, or other infringement is obvious (such as when pirated computer programs or information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs or any type of cracker utility, is being distributed).